Know the facts about coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) and help stop the spread of rumors.
Fact 1. Diseases can make anyone sick regardless of their race or ethnicity.
Fear and anxiety about COVID-19 can cause people to avoid or reject others even though
they are not at risk for spreading the virus.
Fact 2. For most people, the immediate risk of becoming seriously ill from the virus that causes COVID-19 is thought to below.
Older adults and people of any age with underlying health conditions, such as diabetes, lung disease, or heart disease, are at greater risk of severe illness from COVID-19.
Fact 3. Someone who has completed quarantine or has been released from isolation does not pose a risk of infection to other people.
For up-to-date information, visit CDC’s coronavirus disease 2019 web page.
Fact 4. There are simple things you can do to help keep yourself and others healthy.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing; going to the bathroom; and before eating or preparing food.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and moth with unwashed hands.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
Fact 5. You can help stop COVID-19 by knowing the signs and symptoms:
• Shortness of breath
Seek medical advice if you
• Develop symptoms
• Have been in close contact
with a person known to have
COVID-19 or if you live in or have
recently been in an area with
ongoing spread of COVID-19.
For more information: wwwcdc.gov/covid19